Slides & interviews available on Parleys.com, talks will follow soon
Welcome! Devoxx UK is the latest child of Devoxx, the conference for developers run by those who are leaders in their industry, in this case by the Devoxx family and the London Java Community (LJC). The conference consists of a packed schedule of presentations by international and UK speakers; Get your hands dirty with our Hands On Labs where attendees can get practical experience guided by experts in the field; and Birds Of A Feather sessions (BOFs) which are open-table discussions. Naturally being a developers' conference, there will also be plenty of space to get together and hack in the Hacker Garden!
(aka Why your boss should send you)
Devoxx UK offers all of the high quality speakers, education, learning and networking benefits of a traditional commercial conference, but with a key difference. The content was picked specifically to help the busy day to day developer learn several real and tangible concepts/technologies that they can take back to their day jobs.
The last Devoxx UK 2013 Newsletter is out
Its been a busy few weeks for the Devoxx UK programme committee, over 300 awesome submissions, but we've reviewed, filtered and refined them all to create the first draft of the Devoxx UK 2013 schedule. The full schedule is available here, but to whet your appetite here's a selection of the latest talks:
- Kirk Pepperdine (Kodewerk Ltd) - Are your GC logs speaking to you, the G1GC edition
- Peter Pilgrim - Test Driven Development with Java EE 7, Arquillian and Enterprise Containers
- Michael Brunton-spall (Guardian News and Media) - Rebuilding your engine at 200 miles per hour
- Milton Smith (Oracle) - Building a Secure Java
- Sandro Mancuso (UBS) - Functional is cool, but do you know OO?
- David Blevins (Apache) - Apache TomEE, Java EE 6 Web Profile on Tomcat
- Russel Winder - GPars: Groovy parallelism for Java
- Philippe Antoine (Xebia Studio) - Space Kittens: Bleeding Edge HTML5
- Heather Vancura (JCP) - How to participate in the future of Java
- Tomek Bujok (Centeractive AG) - SOAP testing done right!
- David Snowdon (VMware) - Is NAO your robotic overlord?
- Stephen Chin (Oracle) - The Mocha Raspberry Pi Lab
We're also very proud to support Devoxx4Kids, the Devoxx programme aimed to inspire young people to learn more about programming, with conference talks with Arun Gupta (Oracle) and Michael Kölling.
But wait! that's not all, our fantastic sponsors will be there too. As anyone who has attended a previous Devoxx or Devoxx France will tell you, our sponsors love to hear about your thoughts on their products and services.
Keep up to date with all the latest Devoxx UK news by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, including more details about each of our conference tracks, speaker announcements, and word from our sponsors
Ben and Martijn (two of the Devoxx UK Steering Committee) gave this interview at Devoxx 2012 in Belgium just after we announced the launch of Devoxx UK: